Homeschooling my oldest has always been a curious mix of interests and intellect. What I have learned along the way is this is simply the nature of homeschooling a profoundly gifted child. This is a unique and sometimes, complicated journey and one that I am happy to share with you today.
Is Your Homeschooled Child Profoundly Gifted?
One of the questions I am most often asked is, “How do I know if my child is profoundly gifted?”
In this episode, I share many of the qualities that typically present in profoundly gifted children. Some of the most common include:
- learning basic skills quickly and with little practice.
- constructing and handling abstractions easily.
- picking up nonverbal cues and drawing inferences that are tough for children their age to see.
- taking little for granted, preferring to know the ‘”hows” and “whys.”
- wildly eclectic and intensely focused on their interests.
RLL Episode 125: Is Your Child Profoundly Gifted?
Lean more about the most common attributes of profoundly gifted children in today’s episode. I also discuss what it is like, in the day to day practicalities of homeschooling a profoundly gifted child.
Links and Resources from Today’s Show:
Leave a Rating or Review
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really does help — and it’s easy!
- Click THIS link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Want to record your own question, comment, or have your kids tell us what they LOVE to learn about? Click below and start recording!