- From: Stephen Fancsali <sfancsali@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: edm-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 15:14:14 -0400
[on behalf of Ken Koedinger]
Dear International Educational Data Mining Society member,
We are soliciting host candidates for the EDM conference in 2022. If you
would like to host the conference or have questions, please email your
proposal or questions to me at Koedinger@xxxxxxx and cc my great assistant
Jo Bodnar <jbodnar@xxxxxxx>. Make the email subject: “EDM 2022 Conference
Your proposal should address the points in the EDM Conference Location
Proposal Guidance further below. You may also include further information
or arguments for your location.
We will start reviewing proposals on June 15. If you are interested in
hosting, but do not have answers to all questions at this time, please send
an email in any case to let us know of your interest and provide
an estimate for when you can provide a complete proposal.
EDM Conference Location Proposal Guidance
Please send a short summary of the proposed arrangements and estimated
budget (including estimated registration costs per participant)?
In addition, could you answer the following questions:
1) Is there a possibility of using event rooms (e.g. lecture halls and some
location for posters and coffee breaks) at your university/organization? If
so, how much (approximately) would it cost the conference? Does the
university/organization have reasonably priced catering that we can use for
the conference? Will the university/organization be able to reserve rooms
without a large advance cash deposit?
2) Does the conference location have necessary equipment (e.g. projectors,
wireless internet) available for free or affordable?
3) Does the university have university accommodation for attendees, for a
reasonable cost? If not, what’s the general cost of nearby accommodations?
4) What sponsorship might be available in your country, to help to defray
conference costs, and provide scholarships for students to attend?
5) Are there any limiting factors that would make it impossible to hold the
conference during certain dates in Summer 2022?
6) Are there other conferences occurring over the summer of 2022 that would
be attractive co-location opportunities for hosting the conference in your
7) What other limiting factors or constraints should we know about?
Other related posts:
- » [edm-announce] Seeking proposals for the EDM 2022 conference location – Stephen Fancsali