- From: Stephen Fancsali <sfancsali@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: edm-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 10:01:23 -0400
[on behalf of Bunmi Adewoyin]
***** Apologies for cross-posting *****
2021 AIED Workshop on Supporting Lifelong Learning (SLL) – *Deadline
extended till May 24*
The 2nd AIED workshop on supporting lifelong learning (SLL 2021) intends to
build on SLL 2019 by fostering further discussions around optimizing the
learner models of lifelong learners to achieve their learning goals. The
workshop will cover areas that address the application of advanced
technologies such as learner modelling, recommender systems, education
diagnosis, educational data mining, intelligent help, personalization
techniques, and other AIED techniques to support the needs of lifelong
learners in online learning communities. We aim to bring together
researchers in these areas to brainstorm and share their ideas on the state
of the art, challenges, and ways forward in supporting lifelong learners
beyond the walls of the classroom.
————————— *Topics of interest*————————
SLL 2021 is a full-day virtual workshop that will hold during the 2021 AIED
conference between 14th – 18th June 2021. We look forward to submissions
that will discuss, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
– Social recommendation systems to support lifelong learners.
– Adaptive technologies to support lifelong learning.
– Strategies for supporting communication with lifelong learners (e.g.,
design and evaluation of dashboard, and open learner models).
– Application of learning analytics and educational data mining
techniques to support the learning needs of lifelong learners.
– Sequencing techniques and recommendation of learning paths.
– Educational knowledge diagnosis of the learning needs of lifelong
– Enhancing collaborative learning among learners relying on online
– Adapting collaborative tools to support lifelong learners.
– Persuasive strategies and gamification techniques to support lifelong
– Developing lifelong learning systems.
– Educational games for enhancing lifelong learning.
– Reviews of existing literature on lifelong learning.
– Studies addressing lifelong learning.
– Influence of gender and age on lifelong learning.
– Stimulation of self-motivated learning.
SLL 2021 invites submissions to the workshop in the form of *4-page
position papers*, *6-page short papers*, and *10-page full research papers*.
Papers should be submitted through EasyChair using this link
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sllaied2021). Submissions should be
in Springer format. See here
details. Papers will be reviewed by at least three members of the workshop
program committee. Accepted papers will be presented virtually and will be
included in the workshop proceedings.
Kindly note the following important dates.
– Deadline for the submission of papers: *May 24, 2021.*
– Notification to authors: *May 31, 2021*
– Camera-ready version of accepted papers: *June 7, 2021*
*Contact email: *slifelonglearning2@xxxxxxxxx
Workshop Chairs, Supporting Lifelong Learning
Other related posts:
- » [edm-announce] Deadline extended till May 24 – 2021 AIED Workshop on Supporting Lifelong Learning (SLL) – Stephen Fancsali