- From: Stephen Fancsali <sfancsali@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: edm-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 23:35:06 -0400
[on behalf of Nirmal Patel]
Call for Papers: Process Analysis in Education Workshop @ EDM2021
*We are inviting short papers for this workshop! Please read the topics and
submission guidelines below or read them on the website!*
Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/view/process-analysis-edm-2021
We are happy to announce a Process Analysis in Education workshop at the
2021 Educational Data Mining Conference in Paris, France. We welcome all
researchers who are interested in discovering the learning and teaching
processes from educational data in order to advance our understanding of
human learning and build more effective educational programs and technology.
This workshop aims to bring together researchers using different methods to
analyze process aspects of educational data. The ubiquity of temporal
student data has enabled us to apply many different process analysis
methods to uncover educational processes hidden within the data. The choice
of the process analysis method often depends on the research questions and
the form of the data, and they vary widely among researchers. Through this
workshop, we are creating an event where researchers can share the process
analysis methods they use, and discover what other methods are being used
in the community. We believe that this sharing of knowledge will empower
our community to discover novel insights from educational data.
We are inviting short papers (up to 6 pages + references) that are related
to the topics outlined below or on a topic that is aligned with the overall
objective of the workshop.
*Discovery and Analysis Methods*
– What methods are available to mine different representations of
educational processes from sequential/temporal data?
– How can we compare process representations of different individuals?
– In what contexts some process representations work better than others?
– How can we analyze process data with a high variance?
– How can we visualize the learning and teaching processes?
*Insights and Applications*
– How can we get insights about learning and teaching in the real world
from process data?
– How can we use process insights from data to inform real-world
– How can we apply process models in learning engineering contexts to
build applications like recommender systems and/or various types of
adaptive learning systems?
*Theory and Experimentation*
– How can we validate the discovered process models using psychology and
cognitive science theory?
– What type of experimental designs and infrastructure can help us
discover more effective learning and teaching processes?
*Tools and Data Management*
– Have you developed a tool or a software package to analyze the process
data? How does your tool make process analysis easier?
– What types of data storage formats are used in large-scale process
data collection systems? What are their specific advantages?
*The submission deadline is 2 May 2021 Midnight Pacific Time.*
We are inviting short papers (up to 6 pages + references) for the workshop.
The papers will be peer-reviewed by the committee members (see the list
below). Please use the EDM templates given below for your papers:
Please send your anonymized short papers directly to
nirmal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. We will send you a submission acknowledgment as
soon as possible. The identity of the sender will not influence the peer
Acceptance notifications will be sent by 23 May 2021.
– Nirmal Patel (Chief Data Scientist, Playpower Labs) [linkedin
– Derek Lomas (Assistant Professor of Positive AI, Delft University of
Technology) [delft <https://www.tudelft.nl/io/over-io/personen/lomas-j-d>
, linkedin <https://nl.linkedin.com/in/dereklomas>, researchgate
Other esteemed researchers and industry practitioners have already been
invited to be a part of the committee. We hope to get their support in
making this workshop a success.
The workshop will be held alongside the 2021 Educational Data Mining
Conference <https://educationaldatamining.org/edm2021/> in Paris, France.
For any questions or comments, please reach out to Nirmal Patel
Thank you for reading and have a great day! 😀
Chief Data Scientist
Other related posts:
- » [edm-announce] Call for Papers: Process Analysis in Education Workshop @ EDM2021 – Stephen Fancsali